Floridian Sunshine :: One Piece Swimwear +Swimsuit Styles for Plus Sizes

Tuesday, July 07, 2015 Simone - Your Style Architect 6 Comments

Hello from Sunny Florida everyone !

Finally after a couple of days of waking, eating and sleeping at unearthly hours, am finally back on track on US time zone and so here is the first of my vacation posts.

Been catching up on romantic movies the last couple of days since I was like the walking dead - wide awake at 3am in the morning. Particularly movies like The Lake House, It's Complicated and The Holiday. Getting that warm, fuzzy, lovey feeling and so whilst I am writing this post, am playing the soundtracks from these movies in the background for mood and inspiration. Just love Hans Zimmer and his works....


I have been wearing one piece swimsuits or tankinis for the longest time. Probably prior to the birth of my son which was at least 9 yrs ago as I have never regained the full confidence to trending bikinis since getting pregnant. It's actually not that bad afterall given there are so many varied styles and options of swimwear out there these days.


I figured with all my physical flaws from motherhood, choosing the right swimsuit to " hide" and redivert attention away from problem areas is the way to shop for that perfect swimwear, rather than just following fashion blindly and going for styles that may not fit your body type. Hands up those who agree with me!!................... YES... I knew it!!

Got this purple one piece swimsuit online which had ruching just across the tummy area which helps to create a textured effect and therefore " diminish" the rounded or bulging tummy which most of us would often gripe about being our main problem area. Normal women if I may say....


It's all about working with the right detailing to "cover" our flaws. So look out for fringes, ruching, criss cross patterns, stripes, color blocking, optical illusion styles... which are all key to helping you create an illusion of a slimmer waistline.

Colours is another key factor when choosing the right swimwear. I use to go for colours that are darker like black or navy seeing that it's suppose to help one look slimmer, but this time ended up with a bright Royal Purple. Going bolder I must say... but certainly having fun getting out of my comfort zone - which I do highly recommend for some fun!



The fun part about swimwears is that you have so many varied ways of styling them with accesories and cover ups to add a fresh touch to the same piece for the whole of summer. Here above, I have styled my swimsuit with a Gim Renoir scarf which is over 30 yrs old with bold colours and a jungle print of a Cheetah with full accent on the Royal Purple colour.

Whilst a mini crochet band skirt with a matching straw hat would do the trick for heading out to the beach as well ( as seen below).



Whilst taking these shots, my Mother in law who is well into her 80s decided to join me for a laugh and we had fun taking some shots together. Here's one to share with you guys.


As promised, I came across some of these great one-piece swimwear styles online which I would love to get my hands on to trend in this summer!! So go have fun trending your one piece swimsuits this Summer and do share with me which is your favourite style.

( clockwise from top left) ASOS Forever Unique Pageant Swimsuit // Michael Kors //
Zappos Magicsuit Tara One Piece Swimwear // River Island Tummy Control Swimsuit

( clockwise from top left) ASOS Seafolly // Anne Cole Twisted Front Bandeau Swimsuit  Wolf & Whistle Pamela Fringe Swimsuit // Victoria Secret Forever Sexy The Unforgettable One Piece  

These are also some inspirational styles for my plus size readers.

All swimwear from ASOS.com
Have a great summer everyone and stay tuned for more swimwear inspirations coming up whilst I continue to blog from Sunny Florida!

SWIMWEAR :  Aliexpress ( similar here)
HAT : old ( similar here)
SCARF : Gim Renoir ( similar here
SKIRT : Topshop ( similar here)

Love,
Simone xoxo

You Might Also Like

6 comments:

  1. I love the black and white swimsuit! your swimsuit is very cute as well(:

    ReplyDelete
  2. They have a lot of cute choices there. I agree with your color choices, I used to wear a lot of black and navy, I definitely look better with brighter colors though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look fabulous! I can't believe your mother-in-law is 80!! She looks amazing!!! And, both of your suits look super comfortable, stylish, slimming, and very deceiving! Which I like...and need desperately!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful shade of purple! Love the hat!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The swimsuits are lovely. I like the purple swimsuit it is a nice color

    ReplyDelete